Citizens of many countries require a valid B1/B2 visa before traveling to the United States of America.

B1/B2 is a category of “non-immigrant” visa for persons wishing to enter the United States temporarily for business (category B1 visa), for tourism (category B2 visa) or a combination of both purposes (B1/B2). The U.S. government generally issues B1/B2 visas rather than just a B1 or a B2 visa.

We provide a number of premium submission and processing services for consumer and corporate clients who require USA visas for travel to the United States for tourism, business, transit, work, marriage, academic or investment purposes.

Once an application has been accepted and reviewed, it is then monitored through the process, and confirmation is then delivered by email, normally on the same day if there are no delays from the United States government immigration systems.

We have a detailed knowledge of the immigration requirements for the United States, and regularly help clients who are unsure about specific aspects of their application, such as criminal convictions, previous visa problems or last minute changes to their travel plans.

All customer data is stored securely, and we only use the highest level of security for all online payments.


Before your interview, we will coach you and  give you a complete package about what to expect from your interview and provide you with a list of documents you should bring along with you on the day of the interview. After your interview, the US Embassy will likely keep hold of your passport to place the visa sticker in it.

Ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken as part of your application process. They are usually taken during your interview, but this varies based on location.

Important: kestel tours does not have any sort of relationship with the United States government. The U.S. Department of State is responsible for deciding if your B1/B2 visa is approved. kestel tours does not guarantee you will obtain the visa, but our years of experience improve your chances (we have over 99% approval rate). Our services are limited to helping you quickly and effectively complete the visa application process.

Let kestel tours take care of arranging your interview for the U.S. B1/B2 visa!

Here’s how it works:

  1. You fill out our simple online form, upload your documents and pay.
  2. With the information you provide, kestel tours will submit the DS-160 form on your behalf to the U.S. government.
  3. Pay embassy fees.
  4. After coordinating with you the best time and date, kestel tours schedules your interview appointment  at your chosen U.S. embassy / consulate.
  5. You attend your interview, ace it, and leave your passport with the U.S. embassy / consulate to issue the visa.
  6. You collect your passport with your U.S. B1/B2 visa in it.

We recommend you submit your application at least 8 weeks before your estimated arrival date to the United States.



B-1 Business Visa


Visitor visas are non-immigrant visas for people who want to enter the US for temporary business purposes, tourism, pleasure, visiting or a combination of all purposes.
There are several groups of activities that are permitted under a visitor visa.

If you’re using a visitor visa for business the activities permitted include:

If your visit is for tourism or visiting purposes, the activities you are permitted to participate in include:

There are certain activities you cannot perform on a visitor visa as it’s a visa for a temporary stay. These activities include:

After completing the Non-immigrant visa application form , the individual can then submit an application along with a photo to complete the form. People between the ages of 14-79 are required to do interviews in order to be approved. People 13 years or younger do not need to submit to an interview along with people 80 or over.

Visitor visas are not guaranteed, thus it is recommended that you not make any final travel plans such as buying plane tickets until a visa is issued.


B-2 Tourist Visa


If an individual is to traveling to the US as a tourist then they will be required to have a valid B-2 visa at the time. The only exemption from that is if your eligible to travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program.

There are several different categories of activities that you can use a tourist visa for other than the obvious tourist activities

A tourist visa may be issued if you provide the following documentation supporting your claims on your application:

An amateur entertainer can only use a B-2 Tourist visa if they’re performing in a social/charitable context or as a competitor in a talent show. The performer can’t make any money off of their performance. The individual may receive expenses relative to living expenses during the visit, but nothing more. An amateur performer is defined as someone who normally performs without being compensated.

Athletes are treated the same way. Amateur athletes can perform as a group of athletes competing in an athletic event for which you will receive no payment at all. You’re only entitled to incidental living expenses.If an athlete is normally compensated, he is not eligible to get a tourist visa

If your tourism visa is for educational study you must be studying for less than 18 hours a week. A tourism visa can also be issued if the program is recreational in nature. Studying for credit towards a degree does not count.

In order to apply for a B-2 Tourist Visa, individuals first need to fill out the Non-immigrant Visa Application Form.

F-1 Student Visa


A student visa is a pretty popular one. The united States welcomes foreign citizens all the time who come to the states in order to study. Before they can even apply for a visa, all student applicants are required to be accepted and approved by their local school or program. Once they’re accepted, the educational institution will give each applicant the proper approval documentation that needs to be submitted when they’re applying for the student visa. A F-1 Student is a visa students must have to study educationally in the United States. Your course of study and the type of school plan to go to determines whether you need an F-1 Student Visa or not. 

The F-1 visa is actually the most common type of student visa there is. The student visa is necessary for anyone who wants to engage in academic studies within the U.S. These studies can take place at an approved school, an accredited college or university, a private secondary school or an approved English language program. You also need an F-1 visa if the course of study you’re involved in adds up to more than 18 hours a week. A F-1 visa can’t be used by foreign students to attend public elementary schools or even publicly funded adult education program. A F-1 visa can be issued if the student wants to attend a public secondary school ( a high school), but the student can’t study at the school for anymore than 12 months.

To apply for this visa, a online Non-immigrant Visa Application Form must be filled out. You must also have a passport that’s valid at least six months beyond the intended period of stay in the U.S. In the application, you should include a photograph taken at least 6 months ago. An appointment with the U.S. Embassy must be scheduled and completed. An incomplete application and interview will result in your visa being unapproved.

To get an F-1 Student Visa you must be attending a:

Students are not allowed to travel on the Visa Waiver Program or with Visitor Visas unless they are studying for recreational purposes. For short, temporary, enrollments of recreational courses of study, a Visitor B visa can be used. These courses can’t be used for credit toward a degree or any sort of academic certificate. Even if the study is for a short time, if a degree or certificate is being obtained than a F1 Student Visa must be used.

Before you apply for a visa, you must first apply to and be accepted by a SEVP approved school. Once you’re accepted by the US school you plan on going to, you will then be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System. You then must pay a SEVISI-901 Fee. The US school you get approved by will then provide you with a a Form I-20 to give to the consular office when you go to your visa interview.

The documentation you will need to present at your interview includes a:

During your interview, you may also need to present academic preparation for your studies such as transcripts and diplomas from places you already attended. The fact that you will depart the US after the completion of your study. You also need to present evidence of how you will pay for your education, living and travel expenses. 



Our FAQ list is mean to guide individuals looking for simple answers to questions regarding US visas and immigration and is no way intended to suggest the type of services we offer, unless noted.

Non-Immigrant Visas FAQs

Do I require a visa to visit the United States?

Individuals who are not eligible to enter the US via the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), or who are not exempt from the visa requirement, or individuals who have been denied an ESTA, will require a US Visa. Travellers requiring visas are those who are transiting through the USA to another destination.

What is a visa waiver?

A visa waiver allows individuals of certain countries (i.e. 38 countries as of 2016) to travel to the United States, without a visa, for up to 90 days. A visa waiver can be used for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes yet can not be used to partake in paid employment with a US company.

Can I work in the USA on a B-1 Business Visa, B-2 Tourist Visa or Visa waiver?

No. If your intention is to go to the USA to work for a company, yourself or find work, you will need to apply for a work visa such as the H-1 or H-2 visas.

The B-1 and B-2 are for persons travelling to the USA for a period of 6 months or less to conduct business on behalf of their company/company they work for in terms of business meetings, negotiations or contracts. The visa waiver (ESTA) allows for travel to the United States for up to 90 days for tourism, business, transit or medical treatment purposes.

What type of visa will I need for working?

There are a number of visa types for working in the United States and depend on the purpose of your travel. For a comprehensive list of the visa categories, please visit the Visa Requirements section for additional information.

Are return tickets required with a valid visa?

No. If you have a valid visa you are not required to be in possession of a round-trip or onward ticket.

However, at the passport control border, an official may ask you about your travel/ stay plans, so having your return ticket may be helpful, but not essential.

I have a US visa on an expired passport

You can a valid US visa if you traveling to the US for the same purpose as when the visa was issued as well as carry a valid passport of the same nationality. If the passport is damaged or clipped, and thus, damaged the US visa, the US visa will no longer be valid and cannot be used for US travel.

How long can I stay on a US Visa?

The permitted duration of your stay depends on the type of non-immigrant visa you have obtained. Typically, non-immigrant visas can be issued anywhere between 3 months to 10 years.

What is the difference between a F-1 and J-1 visa?

A F-1 visa is student visa that is needed if you are wanting to study in the USA at a college, school or university.

A J-1 visa is a visa for an exchange student, who will only temporarily be staying in the USA.

If you are going to study a short course (i.e a cooking class, or a class that is only a few days, weeks), you can travel to the USA on a tourist visa.

Can I work on a F-1 student visa?

A F-1 student can accept work of up to 20 hours per week from on-campus employment during the school term.

During the vacation period, a F-1 student can work full-time provided the student is going to continue with schooling after the vacation period is finished.

How long can I remain in the United States at the end of the study program?

If you have a J-1 visa, you may remain in the United States for up to 30 days at the end of the program.

If you have a F-1 visa, you may remain for a period of 60 days after completion before leaving the USA.

My visa application has been refused. Why can I not get my money back?

When you applying for your visa, the application form states that the fee payable is an application fee, not for a successful visa. Everyone who applies for a USA visa is required to pay this fee which covers the cost of adjudicating your application.

The application form also states that the fee is non-refundable as in order for your visa application to be successful, it must be reviewed. This is what the fee is for.

If your application was refused under Section 214(b) and you choose to reapply for a visa, you will be required to pay the application fee again.

Why was my ESTA refused? I was honest on the form about having a criminal record.

An ESTA (on the Visa waiver program) is for a person who is from an eligible VWP country wishing to travel to the USA for a short period on holiday/business

As this type of application does not do extensive background checks, it is only approved for individuals with no prior history of criminal records or a history of being previously denied entry to the USA, or a previous refused visa.

If your ESTA was refused, this does not mean you cannot visit the USA. It is recommended that you apply for a full non-immigration visa, where you can explain your situation to an embassy official in a conducted interview.

Why is a police certificate required for an immigrant visa application?

The term police certificate means a statement which will advise the consular officer whether or not any criminal convictions are held in your name.

Immigrant Visas FAQs

Can we apply for the fiancé(e) visa while my fiancé(e) is in the United States?

No. He or she is required to enter the USA on the fiancé(e) visa. Therefore, the applicant for a fiancé(e) visa must apply for the fiancé(e) at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate outside the USA.

My fiancé(e) and I will not marry within 90 days of our arrival. Can he/she still apply for a fiancé(e) visa?

No. If the marriage is not going to be taking place within the 90 days period of the fiancé(e) visa applicant’s arrival into the USA, it will not be possible to process an application for a fiancé(e) visa.

An immigrant visa will be required. The Visa Waiver Program or a non-immigrant visitor/work visa is not appropriate.

Can I extend my US citizenship to my spouse?

A US citizen cannot by association transmit citizenship to a spouse. If an individual’s spouse seeks to relocate to the US, an immigrant visa will be required. After three years of residency in the US, a Lawful Permanent Resident who is married to an American citizen may apply to become a naturalized US citizen.

Can I expedite the processing of my fiancé(e) visa?

We know it takes time to process any visa and unfortunately it is in the control of the US embassy processing the applications and varies case-by-case. However, in general, a fiancé(e) visa application may be slightly quicker than an application for an immigrant visa, as immigrant visa petitions are taking longer to be processed and approved by the USCIS in the United States.

Can my partner or common-law spouse who is a US citizen sponsor me for immigration?

The immigration law of the United States unfortunately does not recognize common-law marriages. Thus, American citizens cannot submit petitions for immigrant visas on behalf of a common-law marriage partner.

Can the application for a fiancé(e) visa be submitted while the fiancé(e) is in the US?

No, this is not possible. The fiancé(e) visa applicant must apply for the fiancé(e) visa at a US Embassy or Consulate outside the United States.

Do Children need to attend a visa interview?

Applicants who are registered for immigration as the spouse, parent, child (i.e. under 21 years of age) of a US citizen must attend an interview at a US Embassy. However, applicants under the age of 14 who are intending to obtain status from an immigrant, fiancé(e) or Kii petitioner, who are applying for the visa at the same time as the parent are not required to be present at a US Embassy for an interview.

How soon will I get my immigrant visa?

Typically, visa processing takes anywhere between 7 to 10 business days. Your documents will be returned to you via the method you selected during the application process.

What do I do if my application is refused”

From the date of refusal, applicants will be granted 12 months to gather and provide the missing documents to reapply for and enter the USA on the immigrant visa. If you cannot provide sufficient documentation, you will need to reapply for an immigrant visa paying all required fees.